Saturday, March 21, 2009

4th Avenue

It was already too dark to take photos of yesterday's babies. Now photos will have to wait until Monday, since I know I will be late tomorrow evening.

The little black Shetland that was hanging out at the back of the arena had her ewe lamb this evening. Talk about huge. I will name the baby "Mesa." She was born the usual black, so she will probably fade to gray.

Belgian, a red angora goat, appears to be in labor or else distressed, since she is breathing heavily and has a discharge. I will go back out shortly to see, which it is.

The 4th Avenue is going very well. The weather is hot, so I am seriously impressed with the knitters, who will buy regardless. There were lots more people walking the circuit than I have seen in years. I hope to see lots of new faces here at the ranch!

No comments: