Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Withers Ranch to be a Farm on April 1, 2012

Withers Ranch to Become a Farm on April 1, 2012

Wool Festival March 10, 2012 9 a.m.-2 p.m.

After 12 years in Tucson, we are moving to a 22 acre farm in Woodbine, Maryland at the end of March. I will be keeping my website, blog, e-shop, and current cell phone 520-401-6117, as well as my business and animals. I am sad to be leaving friends and loyal customers in Tucson, but I am also very excited about having pasture, a cooler climate for the animals, and a place where people will not look at me funny when I say I deal in wool in the desert! My husband will continue to work for his current company, but he will be home a lot more.

Spring Wool Festival - I am scheduling a Tucson Spring Shearing/Wool Festival for March 10, 2012 from 9-2. I do not plan on spending a lot of time publicizing it, so please pass the info on. The crowds and attendance will probably be less than in the past. I will only be giving one tour at 10 a.m. The shop will be open all day. My physical shop will close at the end of the day on March 14, 2012, as I need time to take down fixtures, pack fiber, etc.

I am not going to be giving animal tours except under special circumstances, so plan on the shearing day for bringing friends and family to the ranch.

Classes need to have 3 or more persons for it to be worth my time. I am listing classes currently scheduled. All classes must be prepaid. I will refund all, if I cancel the class.
January 28 - Freeform Knit and Crochet 10-12 $75 at the ranch
February 4 – 5-6:30 p.m. Drop Spindling - $60 at the Doubletree Inn on Grant and Alvernon.
February 5 – 9-10:30 a.m. Nuno Felting a Shawl - $100 at the Doubletree Inn
February 5 – 5-7 p.m. Freeform Knit and Crochet - $75 at the Doubletree Inn.
February 6 –9-10:30 p.m. Nuno Felting a Shawl $100 at the Doubletree Inn.
February 11 – 10-1 Wet felting a bowl, bag, or flat piece. $25 instruction fee plus cost of materials based on project selected.

Shop Closures
February 4-6, 2012 Tucson Bead Show
Noon February 21 through noon February 28, 2012. Stitches West

I am selling my three llamas (asking $100 each) and I am looking for a home for Shep and Herd, the Golden Retriever/Australian Shepherd dogs. Call me at 520-401-6117, if you are interested. We will be taking the dogs, if I cannot find them a home, but they will not fit in at the new farm. If you take the dogs, we will throw in the Igloo doghouse that we recently purchased.

Kathy Withers
520-401-6117
jmarckathy@aol.com
www.uniquedesignsbykathy.com
www.uniquedesignsbykathy.blogspot.com
www.uniquedesignsbykathy.etsy.com
www.uniquedesignsbykathyshop.com

3 comments:

CrochetBlogger said...

I am excited to see how your journey continues in your new upcoming location! Will spread the word about the March open house. Will there be baby animals to see then?

Kathy Withers said...

Babies will start popping around the 15th of February - so yes!

tonia said...

if you need help with packing things let me know, I have most weekends off, and always free Sundays.