Thursday, October 14, 2010

Patagonia

It was great to get out and see people for a change. I work in isolation in my studio and can get disconnected sometimes from the everyday world. Summers in Tucson are pretty quiet.

At the festival I met Cynthia Binyon from Bisbee, a handweaver who specializes in rugs from reclaimed materials. Pictured above is one of her rugs that I bought because I loved the color combination. It does not really match anything in my house! I bought two others and will feature them in a future posting.
I dug out all of the colors in the rug and carded them into roving, which I have already spun. Great fall colors that I spun up as lamb's tails, elastic, and a single. I am doing a variation in mostly mohair now - which has turned out a lot greener, since I left out the navy blue.
Above is a photo of my booth. Elastic and funky yarns were definitely a hit!
The North Tucson Living Magazine has an article on me in its October-November 2010 issue. It was in mailboxes yesterday and should be online soon at: www.northtucsonliving.com.
Do pass the word out about the wool festival. The shawl is almost finished - I am crocheting a border! The vendor list is complete on the website.



No comments: