Monday, March 24, 2008

Koolaid Dyeing and a current project

This is the skein of yarn that we dyed during the Koolaid class. It does not look all that impressive hanging to dry, but the skein below is the final project, and a lot more lovely than I had expected.
Below is a small bag that I felted for a workshop that I held today. I needed to know how much fiber was needed to make a bag that size. I finished it by braiding the coiled yarn to make a strap. It turned out well. It also needed only 2 ounces of fiber, which was my goal. The ladies did not want to spend a lot to try out something new. The bag is now hanging in the shop. I have three others that I plan to finish before the 4th Avenue next weekend. It is the right size for a camera, ipod or cellphone.

2 comments:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Wow! These yarns and colors are gorgeous!
I can't wait to read more about your spinning and knitting pursuits.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Wow! These yarns and colors are gorgeous!
I can't wait to read more about your spinning and knitting pursuits.