Thursday, September 20, 2007

Thick and thin

The above is the yarn that I started spinning from the freeform dyeing that I wrote about in the previous post. Below is the resulting yarn. It is gorgeous and a lot softer than I expected. It is not kid mohair (first haircut), but it has a great lustre and the shift in colors was a lot of fun. Since most of my sales are yarn, I am trying really hard not to start knitting the yarn. It will work up like the sample a previous post. So, to keep from knitting it, I am busy spinning more of a different freeform roving. This time I am spinning it at a fingering weight and pulling certain colors. This batch is obviously (to me at any rate) a red mohair that I have over dyed.. There are patches of darker mohair that are popping up randomly. The subtle shifts in colors are what keeps me in the chair!

No comments: