Friday, September 27, 2013

New Patterns, New Yarn, Shenandoah Valley Fiber fest

 I finally finished writing my patterns for the Cossack Hat (last post) and a redesigned Felted cloche. Both are available free at the Shenandoah Show this weekend with the purchase of enough yarn to make them.
 New season means new colors and new yarns.
 With my intern, Angela's help, I redesigned my booth so it will be more open. I will not be able to use it at the Waterford show next weekend, because this design does not leave me any room to spin.
There are a lot more fiber mills on the east coast within easy driving distance. My favorite is now Gurdy Run Mill in PA. She does a lovely job of blending both colors and fibers. She will also be at the Shenandoah Valley Fiber festival, so I have another truckload to deliver. I cannot wait to see what she does with it.

Hope some of you will have time to come visit.

No comments: