Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New ideas for a new year

If you stop by the shop/studio, do take time to say hello to Skyler. He is our 7 year old African Grey and I bought him a smaller cage, so he can come hang out with me during the day. Now that Kyle is working or at school all of the time, Skyler is being neglected. I do want to increase his vocabulary, so I am hoping that the change of scenery will do it.
I keep meeting people who have degrees in fashion and design. My background, as many of you know is a teaching degree and undergraduate degrees in Spanish and English and a Master's in Human Resources Management. Who would have ever thought that I would have settled into the fiber art business? Now I am wishing that I had known then, what I know now. Since I can't go back and relive my life, I have decided to move forward and study fashion design like I have studied animal husbandry, knitting, freeform, etc. If any of you have degrees and would like to share your knowledge or begin along with me, I am going to be starting a group in the beginning of February. Based on feedback from a few of my friends, I am leaning towards Monday or Wednesday evenings at about 7. Email me to let me know your thoughts, if you are interested. jmarkathy@aol.com
The skein on the left and the scarf draped across all three skeins are already in my etsy shop. I tried twice to duplicate the colors in the scarf and have come close, but can't quite get it. I will be listing the other two skeins this afternoon.

This is the last barn picture! I have approved the paint job and the final touches have been put on. I am going to give the paint a day or so to dry before I move the Shetlands back in the arena. Then I will be able to sort the rest of the animals out. All of my goats have not gotten pregnant, but I am holding to my decision to let the does out next weekend. June is just too late for them to be having kids.


No comments: