Friday, August 21, 2009

Roving and Batt Sale, Medieval Collar and Tucson Wool Festival

To celebrate having my new Elsa Carder, I am offering all batts and roving at 20% off through noon September 12th, 2009. I am really excited about the quality of the roving and batts coming off the carder. They draft beautifully, so spinning is a dream.
These are samples of the rovings laid upon a gray batts.

This roving consists of 5 ounces of Kid mohair, Shetland and Firestar. Priced at $36. After September 12, it will be priced at $45.
This roving is a blend of autumn shades of wool and Firestar. Currently $19.20. After September 12, it will be priced at $24.

Roving prices vary per content: the more wool, the less expensive. If you have a color and fiber preference and email in advance, I will try to oblige. Pass the word around, since they will not be on sale again. I don't do sales - but I am so addicted to this machine, that I want to pass the fun along.

The medieval collar is finished.I have purchased a silver/black ribbon to use to draw it together at the neck and a pendant to hang from it. The pattern needs a little touch up and will be available for sale here at the shop and on etsy.
If you are coming as a vendor and want to be featured on my Tucson wool festival page - send me photos and info now.
Freeform Spinners of Tucson: The loom is tied on and Virginia and I have woven 18 inches of the lap rug. If you want to throw the shuttle - come soon. My goal is to have it done by the next meeting (1st Saturday in September), so we can start sewing on the freeform motifs. If you are knitting and crocheting pieces- hurry. I would like to have the blanket finished by the 1st weekend in October so we can use it as publicity. It is turning out very rustic and will be another lovely piece of art! Thanks for spinning!



No comments: