Monday, November 17, 2008

Midnight Cowboy Novelty Yarn

I posted on November 6, the fiber and novelties for a yarn that has already been in the shop two weeks. This is a southwestern skein with cowboy and horse motifs. I listed it on etsy, since someone at the Tucson Celtic festival was interested in seeing one.

I am 3/4 of the way done with the Red, Orange, and Black Freeform Shawl. It is turning out to be gorgeous. I will post pictures as soon as it is finished. I plan to start another before the 4th Avenue Street Fair. It will be in shades of brown with southwestern motifs. I have already designed it in my head. Now comes the tough part - execution!

Things are always happening around here. Last week we had a pipe burst out in the animal area - so my time was eaten up by hauling a hose around to fill buckets, which the animals then proceeded to dump. Not too bright, if you ask me. I also had Agave's mother break a horn while her head was stuck in the fence of a male pen. She was looking for love in all of the wrong places and the guys let her know! She is on the mend, but needed to get locked up till she has healed.

You can also tell that the temperatures have cooled - the animals are eating way more than last month.

No comments: