Sunday, April 29, 2007

Goats for sale

Latte's buck, Toffee is now available for sale. He is $350 and the one in the middle with his head turned away. I will try to get a head shot tomorrow. He is gorgeous, but I can't use him. He is related to almost all of the does. If he is not sold by breeding season, I will have to castrate him. It would be a shame, since both of his parents are what I consider to be show quality, as well as lovely hair quality.
These six bucks are out of No Size's dad. A friend is trying to sell them. He ended up with almost all bucks this year. They are all bucks out of the Texas line and have the finest hair that I have ever seen on angora bucks. No Size's last fleece was the equivalent of a second doe fleece, and it was his sixth fleece. I am keeping that guy! I would like to keep the bucks, but they have his parentage and are too close in breeding to mine. If you know anyone who needs a great herd sire, pass this along. They are $350 each. If not sold, I will castrate them and keep them for their fleeces, which would be a total waste!

No comments: