Saturday, March 8, 2008

Not just kids

I taught a Koolaid dyeing class on Thursday that turned out to be a lot of fun. I used a small skein to suck up the rest of the color from a lineup of 11 jars with all of the different colors of Koolaid that I could find in the Davis Monthan Commissary and the local Safeway and Bashas. This is the skein with the 11 colors. I wrapped it in plastic wrap and microwaved it to set the color. It is now hanging outside the shop. It is dry, but I want to photograph it in daylight before I re-skein it.
If you are interested, the reds, blues and purple have the most color in them and will dye more vibrantly than the other colors. Also, you need to watch for the word "invisible" on the package - it means no color - in case you have any doubts! Smells good, but...

No comments: